Saturday, March 8, 2014

GF Egg Drop Soup

This week I have been sick with strep throat. :(  My son has been so sweet and thoughtful trying to take care of me as he was home too because we had a snow day.  Since I have not been able to eat anything, my son suggested I make some Feel Better Soup.  He says, " Mom, you always make it for me when I am sick and it makes me feel so much better!" So I did, but even feel better soup was too much for my sore throat to swallow.

That's when it hit me, Egg Drop Soup! It fit the bill perfectly!



Egg Drop Soup

15 oz of gf vegetable or chicken broth
2 scallions
1 tsp of olive oil
1/2 tsp of Goya Adobo seasoning
1 egg (egg white only)
1 tsp of corn starch
2 tbsp of water
Salt and pepper to taste

Slice scallions and sauté in pan with olive oil. Add  broth and Adobe seasoning bring to a boil. While broth is heating to boiling point, crack egg and separate egg white. Beat egg white then slowly pour into boiling broth while stirring. Cut heat down, mix corn starch and water and add slowly while stirring. Return soup to a boil then cut off. Add salt and pepper to your liking. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment