Thursday, January 2, 2014

Chris' GF Sandwich Bread


My son loves sandwiches. Before going gluten free, he loved getting a Subway sandwich; it was a special treat. So, I have been trying to create a sandwich bread for him.

Today, I served him a sandwich with this new bread. He comes running up to me and throws his arms around me and says, "Mom, this sandwich is so good! It taste like a Subway sandwich! Thank you so much!"

He just made my day!


Chris' Sandwich Bread

1 3/4 cups of Gluten Free Flour Mix
1/4 cup of coconut oil or butter
1 tbsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
4 eggs beaten
1//2 cup of milk
1 tbsp of sugar (or sugar substitute)

Mix all ingredients well. Spread batter out on a greased cookie sheet.
Cook at 350 for about 20 minutes.

Cut into sandwich size slices. Can also be cut into rounds for hamburger buns.

I also made a no grain version that my husband enjoys!


No comments:

Post a Comment