Sunday, January 12, 2014

Holley's Sweet Potato Chili

I love when I get a new recipe! My good friend Holley told me about the sweet potato chili that she makes. It sounded so good that I had to come home and make it. And, I am so glad that I did. It is a perfect winter, hearty stew!


Holley's Sweet Potato Chili

4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 can of corn, drained (or frozen corn)
1 can of black beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
3 cups of vegetable broth
1 clove of garlic, diced
1 tsp of Adobo seasoning
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of coco powder
5 dashes of hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Saute onions in olive oil until translucent. Add sweet potatoes, corn, black beans, and vegetable broth. Stir together and add seasonings. Cook for at least 35 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. It can be served alone, with rice, or gluten free cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment